Tuesday 29 January 2013

Dream Tricycle

I got to work early this morning, so once I had finished filing yesterday’s emails and making my to-do list for the day, it was doodle-time.

2 months and 13 days ago, I had a (very pleasant) dream involving a curious vehicle – an old-fashioned penny-farthing, but with two rear wheels. Passengers could stand on the rear axle, but had to backpedal constantly, as one does on a rolling log, to avoid falling off.

My work notebook is filled with sketches of this contraption drawn from various angles, some more detailed than others. Here is a sample.


The black cat did not feature in the dream, and is in the drawing only to show scale.

1 comment:

Shrabasti Banerjee said...

I like how, out of all the things in the world you could have drawn to show scale, you chose a cat with an extraordinary tail. :D

What a dream, though. You should totally get this patented or something.